JOLTECH SOLUTIONS is an exciting, VC-funded start-up based in Catalonia and working in the Green Hydrogen sector. The company has developed and is now starting to commercialize a revolutionary new process to manufacture electrodes and coating solutions for the electrolyser and fuel cell industries.
The Catalyst Coating Technology Unit is the R&D core of the company, devoted to innovation thanks to a genuinely interdisciplinary character. The main areas involved include inorganic chemistry, material science, and catalysis. Here we shape innovative products, for a sustainable future and work with internal partners and customers.
In our Catalyst Coating Technology Unit, you will develop new catalytic materials and technologies and optimize existing electrochemical catalysts for industrial scale processes.
• Design competent catalysts for alkaline electrolysers.
• Perform structural and morphological characterization (PXRD, SEM, TEM, ATR-IR).
• Evaluate experimental results and write reports.
• Organization and optimization of the laboratory workflows.
• Responsibility for compliance with work, safety, and environmental protection regulations.
• Based on your expertise, you will initiate research projects and drive them forward with
• Successfully completed PhD in chemistry / inorganic chemistry / material science.
• Excellent English communication skills, Spanish and/or Italian is a plus.
• Strong background in inorganic synthetic chemistry (metal oxides, alloys, core-shell
• Knowledge of coatings and deposition methods.
• Understanding of noble metal catalysis and non-noble metal catalysis.
• Ongoing one-on-one work development, ongoing education, and individual career progression programs designed to allow you to reach your full potential.
• Competitive salary with great holiday entitlement.
• A world-class R&D environment based inside the facilities of the ICIQ and URV in Tarragona,
• Located walking distance to one of Spain ́s great medieval and Roman cities and in the heart of the Costa Dorada with its beaches and national parks.
Our company culture is technology-first and inclusive – we encourage people to be self-aware and talk openly about problems, strengths, and weaknesses. We love people who have a voice, who can take control and be accountable for outcomes. This is a unique opportunity to join a company at its inception and to be part of a new research team that will be making waves in the Green Hydrogen world.